How Much Does A Food Truck Cost?
If you like this infographic of food truck information, share it on your website or blog by using the embed code below:
Here's some food for thought:
- there are more than 3 million food trucks in the U.S.
- street food is consumed by 2.5 billion people worldwide, every day
- the food truck industry in the U.S. is expected to exceed $2.7 billion of revenue by 2017
Many people wonder what exactly it takes to start a food truck and how much it costs. It may seem simple to start a food truck but the costs can add up.
The start-up costs can range significantly and can be anywhere from $30,000 to $115,000. Monthly costs can vary as well, starting at $3,000.
Here is a bite-size breakdown of the costs to consider:Start-Up Cost Considerations
- $25K - $100K (Truck – wrap and equipment)
- $1K – $2K (Product inventory)
- $100 - $500 (Permits and Licenses)
- Free - $5K (Website)
- Free (Social media)
- $200 - $1K (Registration/POS)
- $0 - $1K (Uniforms)
- $300 (Serving products -plates/napkins/etc.)
- $500 - $2K (Miscellaneous expenses - like menu boards, etc.)
- $2K - $3K (Cooking utensils)
- $100 - $300 (Fire extinguisher)
TOTAL: $30K - $115,000 One-time costMonthly Cost Considerations
- $400 - $1.2K (Commissary – monthly)
- $500 (Fuel – cost varies)
- (Labor – cost varies)
- $300 (Product Restock – cost varies)
- $300 (Serving product restock)
- (Insurance – cost varies)
- Auto Liability Coverage
- Auto Collision Coverage
- General Liability Coverage
- Property Insurance for equipment and inventory
- Workers' compensation insurance
- $1K (Repairs)
TOTAL: $3K – $5K Per month
As fans of food trucks, Titan Insurance is proud to help any new small business owner get started. Out of the lists above, we really have expertise in only one area…insurance. Our affordable insurance options make it just that much easier to get you started with your new business.
We regularly insure commercial and small business vehicles*, such as:
- Food trucks
- Construction trucks and vans
- Other localized businesses
- Landscaping trucks and vans
Give us a call at 1-800-TITAN-UP (1-800-848-2687) to get more info OR get a free online quote on the Titan commercial auto insurance page.
*Titan's Commercial Vehicle Insurance program is available in the following states: AL, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IN, MD, MO, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA and WA.