Arizona car insurance laws and insurance requirements
Drivers in the State of Arizona are required to carry proof of financial responsibility for their vehicles at all times. The easiest and most common way to provide this proof is to purchase auto liability insurance from an insurer that is licensed to do business in the state, like Titan Insurance.
Minimum Arizona auto insurance requirements
Although insurance is required in AZ, not every type of insurance coverage is necessary. Arizona liability insurance requirements only oblige drivers to carry coverage in the following amounts:
- $15,000 per person in Bodily Injury coverage,
- $30,000 per accident in Bodily Injury coverage, and
- $10,000 per accident in Property Damage coverage.
Proof of compliance with Arizona liability insurance requirements must be provided upon request from law enforcement officers during traffic stops or accidents. Driving without insurance comes with penalties, such as suspension of vehicle registration and/or driver's license.
Fines and fees will be assessed to reinstate driving privileges and future proof will be required before the suspension is removed. Typically, drivers will need to provide an SR22 form from their auto insurer. This form provides proof to the Motor Vehicle Department that a new insurance policy has been obtained. Drivers are then required to carry the SR22 for three years from the date of their suspension.
Additional coverage keeps you safe
Although AZ car insurance laws only require liability coverage, considering additional, optional coverage is a good idea. Optional coverage may help protect drivers from other financial risks involved with operating a vehicle. Titan offers many additional types of auto insurance coverage in Arizona including:
- Collision. Collision insurance can help pay for damages caused to insured vehicles as the result of upset or collision, including an accident involving another vehicle.
- Comprehensive. Comprehensive insurance can help pay for damages not related to an auto collision accident, for example: fire, theft, vandalism, weather events and accidents involving animals.
- Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist. This coverage helps provide protection from hit-and-run accidents, drivers who have no insurance, and drivers who do not have enough insurance to cover the costs of an accident.
Contact a Titan representative
To learn more about our Arizona auto insurance coverage:
- Get an online auto insurance quote
- Call 1-800-TITAN-UP (1-800-848-2687)
- Find a Titan Insurance agent or broker near you
Products and discounts not available to all persons in all states. Product, coverage, discounts, insurance terms, definitions, and other descriptions are intended for informational purposes only and do not in any way replace or modify the definitions and information contained in your individual insurance contracts, policies, and/or declaration pages from Titan-affiliated underwriting companies, which are controlling. Such products, coverage, terms, and discounts may vary by state and exclusions may apply.